These are some tips on what to bring. I was scheduled to be admitted for 3.5 days from Thur night to Sunday .
- toiletries including toothbrush , toothpaste , shampoo, conditioner , soap, lotion/moisturizer
- One towel is provided so your companion would need their own towel
- clothes for going home – easy to put on- loose shirt with front opening buttons and shorts or skirt , underwear
- socks in case your feet feel cold while confined
- sweater as the hospital is usually cold
- eyemask as a dim light will be left on at night
- your own desired food or drinks as not all hospitals have good food . I brought bananas which is my usual breakfast. I only ate the hospital food once . My mom brought us packed food like adobo which we could microwave there . If so, don’t forget utensils like spoon , fork , plates and cups for your companions or guests . Sponge and dish soap if you intend to wash.
- your iPad or gadgets , books , music to keep you busy
- your Phil health forms which you get from your hr. There are 3 forms to bring, ask your health card provider for details .
- of course your health card and credit card or cash for paying the balances . You can ask your health card what is your limit. In my case it was p230k. But I still needed to shoulder 20pct of the room charge.
what not to bring
- pillows and blankets are not allowed to avoid contamination . We were given 3 pillows which we could take home.
- You don’t need too many clothes as you have to wear the gown the whole time- only 1 set of clothes for going home
- electronic items like blow dryer, kettle, rice cooker etc are not allowed. Gadgets like iPad and laptop only are allowed .